Automation Testing with Selenium Web Driver
Web Driver is open source tool. Its use for web application testing. Its specifically to verify that they work as expected. Selenium web driver is easier to use than the Selenium-RC (1.0) API which will help to make your tests easier to read and maintain.
Selenium as the provision of some of the major browser vendors who have taken (or are taking) steps to make Selenium a native part of their browser. It is also the core technology in countless other browser automation tools, APIs and frameworks.
Pros of Automation Testing:
- Automated Software Testing Saves Time and Money
- Vastly Increases Your Test Coverage
- Testing Improves Accuracy
- Improves testing Productivity
Cons of Automation Testing:
- Designing a perfect automation script need Some Solid Understanding Of Software Development principles which automation testers lack most of the time.
- Automation testing Can’t Replace manual testing.
- Wherever there is a Change In UI, most the scripts need changes in their code and thus continuous maintenance.
- Testing tools are not as Intelligent As Human Beings. They only have programmed intelligence which is very limited.
Requires a Higher Skill level of team members